Deciding to sell your home is big decision. Here at WK Real Estate, we do our best to make it as easy as possible. These are what we consider to be the 7 basic steps in the home selling process.
- Plan and Prepare - Getting your home ready to go on the market can feel like a big task. Start by thinking about how you could improve your home's value. Things like new paint and updating the landscaping can go a long way.
- Find a REALTOR - Going at the process of selling your home on your own is a huge and daunting task. A Wright Kingdom Realtor adheres to the strict National Association of Realtor's (NAR) code of ethics and is licensed to assist, market, and help sell your home on your behalf.
- Set the price - A person's opinion of a home varies depending on what part they play in the transaction. There is the price the owners would like to get depending on their own needs, the value buyers would like to offer, then of course finally the sale price is the agreement between the two parties.
- Market it - Your Wright Kingdom Realtor will handle the majority of this for you. Your agents will host open houses and advertise for them in print and online. An Individual Property Website will also be made and marketed, as well as your home being on hundreds of websites locally and nationally.
- Sell it - Before your house is actually sold, you must review the offers and determine if any are suitable. Did they buyer try to bury extra costs in clauses? Are you both on the same page as to what is expected? These are some questions to consider before accepting the offer.
- Closing - This is the 'settlement' stage of the process. It's the meeting in which the buyers pay out money to the owner and makes sure the purchaser's title is properly recorded in local records.
- Move out - Depending on how far you're going, you might need a truck or just a large van. Refer to our 'Moving Checklist' for more information.